CairnTalk

Layla's New Coat

pindrop

As promised - here is a picture of Layla in her first ever new coat. Note the pink and brown hearts? Layla is not a happy camper :confused1: but I figured Mummy knows best and time will fix her concerns. Mummy had her nap and is now ready to head back out to the white winterland. If it ever stops snowing and the wind dies down maybe daddy will let me help him shovel and snowblow? (NOT!)

(as previously mentioned when we first got Layla, we put a board sideways in her crate to avoid her having the whole space - well yesterday, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to remove it as she has NEVER done anything prior, so took out the board and guess what? - yup, she peed on her new pillow and I was up at 1:00 a.m., removing everything and trying to find something to replace her sleeping quarters with. Needless to say, I'll be doing a wash today and giving her a new pillow (I'll wrap it in a white garbage bag) then cover it with her fleece blanket) Hopefully that will do the trick.

post-5021-0-63180400-1293467994_thumb.jp post-5021-0-31272600-1293468011_thumb.jp

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Layla looks very cute in her coat! I think she will need it from what I have seen of your weather on the news!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

How cute is that little coat, it really suits her. When Scruffy was little we had an extension to the crate, lined with newspaper and we left his crate full size We never had to get up in the night and he never did it in the crate, he used to come out in the night and do it on the paper, in the daytime he was always took outside. Gradually over the weeks the paper got cleaner and cleaner from his overnight sleeps. When he was 3 and half months old he was holding it through the night and at 4 months old we removed the extension and papers.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Layla looks very sweet in her new coat. Do you ever wonder what you did with your time before you had Layla? She has sure been keeping you busy. After you get her pillow freshly washed, I bet she would like a little treat put on it for a midnight snack. :) and a pp pad outside of her crate would be appreciated,... at least until the snow melts. :P

Give Queen Layla a little hug from Dempsy and I.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Very girly and cute :blush: She will get used to her coat... even now Jock gets that " how could you do this to me" look about him when the coat goes on him but he quickly forgets when the door opens and we go for a walk.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

As a suggestion I used a towel in Pegi's bed when she was a baby. That way if there was an accident, and there were only a couple, we just put another one in.

Linda & Pegi

What a little girly girl, I love the ruffle down the back. She will get use to it with time. I tried putting a coat on Radar yesterday and he was like a maniac. It was too big for him anyway, but he didn't want any part of it.

Hehe, I have a coat for wallE and If I even bust it out of the closet or pick it up, he runs and hides under the couch! Once I get it on him its not as bad, but my SO and brother refuse to subject him to the coat. Ahh well

Puntuation MAKES the post

I had, at one time, a border collie who was the most sweetest and gentlest of dogs. One of the most funniest incidents that I will never forget was the first time I ever put booties on her (as she loved to come cross-country skiing with us - but would hold us back with her feet freezing) They were red rubbery like and I attempted to put all four of her feet into them - then started to walk her outside. It was like each leg was independent of her body as she tried to manoeuver herself in the snow and would look up at me with "that" look that said - "Please Mummy - take these silly things off - I can't feel the ground - and have no idea what to do with my feet." :crybaby:

Here are 2 of the coats that Connie crocheted for Bailey & Sophie a couple of years ago. They only wear them when it's really cold and they don't seem to mind having them on at all, though they do stop and shake themselves more often when they're wearing them.

Sophie is pretty in pink!

SOPHIEPINKCOATAFTERSTRIPPING005.jpg

Bailey is macho in his camouflage!

BAILEYSOPHIESCOATS01-18-08007.jpg

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

What beautiful coats Bailey and Sophie have. Your wife is very talented.

Dempsy's Mom - no I haven't got time to wonder what life was like before Layla - I can only wish (just kidding!) I remember so well the weeks before we got her and I thought the time would never get here - well...it's here in all its glory but we are loving every minute of it. She has become very dear to our hearts and we know she wouldn't know life without us now. Everyone here was so kind and considerate and helping us count down the days.

Hawkeye - love the new picture of Radar - he is a darling.

Archived