CairnTalk

Forum Upgrade

bradl

There is a new version of the forum software available and we will be upgrading Cairn Talk to the current version shortly. While the upgrade is underway the forum may be unavailable for a few hours, or you may experience some rather drastic-looking errors. Fear not, the forum will be back, better than ever.

When the upgrade happens is not entirely within my control. I expect it to happen soon, anytime between "later today" and "next weekend." At least that's the current plan. In the past, the forum has been back up and running within literally minutes; it sometimes takes me a day or three to tweak a few colors and icons, and make some subtle adjustments. You may also experience an occasional error during these smaller adjustments. Normally within a couple of days all is stable and we can relax until the next update comes due.

Thank you for your patience during the upgrade process.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Software has been upgraded. It's been a busy weekend so I haven't peeked in every corner yet - you may find something broken that I've missed. If you do, please reply in this topic, or start a topic in Forum Support. I'll do my best to sort any residual (or new) problems out.

Have fun :)

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support

If you find the contrast of the red forum tabs too stark against the blue forum background, you can choose one of the other color schemes (called "skins") for the forum. At the lower left corner of any forum page, change the dropdown selector from Red-White-Blue to one of the other choices. The three main choices are

• IP.Board which is the default skin from the software authors; it uses green "folder tabs" at the top of the forum
  • Red-White-Blue which uses a high-contrast red folder tab
  • Blue Bark which uses a quieter blue folder tab and also moves your member information into its own black bar at the very top of the screen.

The IP.Board Mobile skin is intended for use by smartphones and similar devices, so it is simple, low-bandwidth, and has limited functionality.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: minor version update available and to be installed shortly. You may experience brief downtime. I'm hoping this collection of bug fixes will help with whatever is going on with our ability to edit posts.

Update: all done - and did fix the edit bug. Yay.

• 1 month later...

Archived