CairnTalk

More Quirks

Zekey's Mom

Gavin reveals a little more of himself every day. For some reason, he does not like his kibble in a bowl. He paws at it until the kibble is all over the floor, and then starts to eat! I finally put some on a paper plate, and he seemed to think that was ok.

When I give him a dog biscuit, he does the "biscuit dance" for a while, before chomping down.

The other weird thing he does, is come over to me when I'm using MY nail clippers. It took me a while to catch on. I let him smell my feet and toes, but he didn't seem interested. I clipped some folded paper to test him, and that interested him. Maybe he was clicker trained? He's such a funny little puzzle!

How funny! Kirby is quirky too! They all must be! Today he pushed the shower curtain over and watched me take a bath :whistle: then licked my feet when I got out! But, just say bath to him :censored:

How funny! Kirby is quirky too! They all must be! Today he pushed the shower curtain over and watched me take a bath :whistle: then licked my feet when I got out! But, just say bath to him :censored:

LMAO sounds like my dogs...

mine like to knock over all the shampoo bottles, and if you pick em back up they do it again and again like it's a fun game. Scotty has actually jumped into the shower with me. I have to yell at him to get him out of the bathroom. Angel always licks feet when I get out of the shower I tried yelling at her to stop but it doesn't work. lol

Gavin reveals a little more of himself every day. For some reason, he does not like his kibble in a bowl. He paws at it until the kibble is all over the floor, and then starts to eat! I finally put some on a paper plate, and he seemed to think that was ok.

When I give him a dog biscuit, he does the "biscuit dance" for a while, before chomping down.

uh... yeah that Angel sorta...she takes one single piece of dog food and walks over to the other side of the room and then eats it. Then She goes back to her bowl and get another piece. LOL and does it again. She does the same thing crunchy dog biscuits it's like she got to play with it and throw it around a lil bit before she eats it.

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Scruffy downs his kibble like it's his last meal on earth and then proceeds to dig in his empty bowl whistle.gif...............maybe he thinks if he digs hard enough some more will appear?

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

[uh... yeah that Angel sorta...she takes one single piece of dog food and walks over to the other side of the room and then eats it. Then She goes back to her bowl and get another piece. LOL and does it again. She does the same thing crunchy dog biscuits it's like she got to play with it and throw it around a lil bit before she eats it.

Brattwurst does the same thing, it likes to take his food one bite at a time into the bathroom and eat it on the run in there. For the most part I just feed him in the bathroom in an attempt to speed up his meal time.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I often wonder what happened to Penny for her first 12 months of life. She has this weird obsession with council trucks, such as the rubbish trucks and the small trucks that drive around our local park.

She has this weird obsession with council trucks

Perhaps her former owner drove one? Zekey had a similar obsession with guys that drove pickup trucks -- he was always barking at them!

Scruffy downs his kibble like it's his last meal on earth and then proceeds to dig in his empty bowl whistle.gif...............maybe he thinks if he digs hard enough some more will appear?

Kirby digs in his bowl too! Then he looks at me as if to say "well, waitress are you going to give me a refill or not? No? Then no tip for you!"

As soon as Ziggy is finished eating (and he ALWAYS finishes first), Buffy leaves her bowl and starts licking Ziggy's bowl. It's like she's washing up after him. She doesn't do the same thing with her bowl. Odd little creatures! :confused1:

Holly eats quite fast and then will lick her bowl - but then she will sit by back door so I think she wants to go out........... when I open the door she looks at me and strolls back to the bowl and sits by that........... then have a drink, then go out only if I throw a biscuit outside! This can mean that sometimes the back door is open for a while whilst her ladyship decides what she really wants!

Holly's main quirkiness is that she will now go upstairs at bedtime but in morning will not come down the stairs at all so I have to put her on my knee and come down on my bottom [which is a lot easier than carrying her down I have to admit which what I used to do!]. If I try putting her down onto last few steps she will just sit there so have to bring her to the bottom................ not sure why she won't come down stairs but then she has her slave to assist her!

[if I leave her up there and come down she stands at top and squeaks!]

They all have their little ways and they all have their humans ready to do their will!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Lets see...Sally refuses to jump onto my bed at night. She instead stands next to it and yips until I come and put her in bed. She can jump up on the bed, but wants me to put her on the bed. Sally also likes to jump in the shower with me when I am showering. She has to be in the same room as me when I get home from work, if she cannot see me she goes crazy. When Sally does not want to eat she scoots her food dish into the living room and pushes the bowl under the couch.

Benny likes to keep licking his food bowl long after its empty. Benny has to walk on my left side when we are walking. If Sally is on the left side he pushes her back toward the right. My dogs sleep on my bed (totally spoiled animals) and Benny has to be touching me in some way. As long as one part of his body is touching one part of my body, he is happy. When Benny gets scared he rounds up all his stuffed animals and goes behind the couch and cuddles with them.

I love how these dogs have such silly quirks. Its part of what gives them so much personality.

The world revolves around Benny and Sally...or so they think!

Archived