CairnTalk

Want to post a picture of Duffy

MikeC

Hi all,

I finally have a picture of Duffy that I would like to post, but have no idea how to go about doing it. The picture is in PDF format. Any suggestions?

Thanks to all,

MikeC

PDF won't work. You'll need to get it into a standard web image format such as gif or jpg (or 'jpeg'). JPG format works best for photos.

You can usually get graphics out of a PDF. (It depends on how the PDF was created.) To try, open the PDF in Reader and select the Graphics Select tool. Draw a box around the picture and select Edit-Copy (or type CTRL-C).

Open MS Paint (location varies, but may be in Start-Accessories-Paint) or any other image manipulation software and open a new drawing. Select Edit-Paste (or CTRL-V) to paste in the picture. Select File-SaveAs and in the File Type area choose JPG or JPEG.

Now you have a jpg file. Next step is to get it on the web somewhere so that the forum software can find it. Two free image hosting outfits that I've seen recommended (that offer direct linking) are Photobucket and ImageShack.

Once the image exists on the web, use the IMG tags as described in the Forum Support topic: Inserting Pictures Into Posts.

Good luck.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Also, in order for that picture to be in a PDF it must exist somewhere, almost certainly as a JPG. If you can get a copy of the original JPG, proceed straight to uploading the file onto the web somewhere.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived