CairnTalk

Obie's first real show - Success!

Marty & Sherry

We showed Obie (puppy dog) & Emmy (open bitch) at the Lawrence Jayhawk KC show this weekend past. They were the only two Cairns there so as expected Obie went BOB both days. I was a little concerned Sunday as Emmy at 2 yrs & 2 months shows much better than Obie at 6 mons 5 days. She is in heat so that was worrying Obie the whole time they were in the ring together too. There was a puppy match running along side the regular match on Saturday also.

Anyway the results:

Saturday:

Obie BOB/BOB Puppy

Did not place in regular Terrier Group

Terrier Group 1 in Puppy

Was told later in the day that if there was a second place in Puppy BOS he would have had it!

Sunday:

Obie BOB/BOB Puppy

Terrier Group 4!!!

We want to thank Dr. Alvin W. Krause for this exciting placement.

We would also like to thank Mrs. Karen C. Wilson & Dr. Alvin W. Krause again for the BOB wins.

It was a busy & exciting weekend for us. We also had Mac (the white sheep of the family) in 3 days of Rally Advanced. Friday was not good as it was our first time in off leash & neither of our heads was in it. Saturday we got our first RA leg & a third place rossette. Sunday was the horror of horrors. I was also stewarding in Obedience, showing Emmy & Mac's doing Rally. With every thing going on I forgot to take him outside before we went in the ring & he urinated on a cone. It was about half way through the exercise & though not great we were heading for another Q I'm sure. Anyway it was a 270 right and he veered off, hiked his leg & peed all over the cone. I was mortified. Talk about a quick exit. I will NOT forget that again!

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I didn't see this sooner! But congratulations, I am so proud of you guys and little Obie

And now that I think about it, I think Mary did tell me about Obie's Group 4...I'm so proud of the Watson babies :) and so happy I got to meet the sassy little Obie. I can't wait to see you guys at upcoming shows...have you thought about doing the St. Paul specialty at all?

Kintra Cairns

Home of Multi-Group Winning Ch. Paragon's Stately Affair CD RN CGC "Zach"

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Canine Chronicle article - "Through the Storm" about my first journey to Westminster

/>http://www.onlinedigitalpubs.com/publication/?i=31613&p=205

We are keeping it in the back of our minds but I doubt it. That's a 500 mile drive from NE KS to ST. Paul, MN in January! We did go to Shakopee a couple of weeks ago & even with taking the Friday before & the Monday after we were worn out!

Wow I didn't realize it was that long for you guys! I heard Shakopee was fun though. I'm going up to St. Paul to work for a friend of mine and I'm going to bring up a few Cairns to handle for Mary.

Kintra Cairns

Home of Multi-Group Winning Ch. Paragon's Stately Affair CD RN CGC "Zach"

And ZaZa, the Min Pin

Canine Chronicle article - "Through the Storm" about my first journey to Westminster

/>http://www.onlinedigitalpubs.com/publication/?i=31613&p=205

Archived