CairnTalk

Barley

bradl

I am so sorry for your loss. Barley is beautiful!!! Your poem is so true. We lose our little cairn friends way too soon!!!

I am so sorry Brad at the passing of your little girl.... it is like a piece of you goes with them. We all know that these wonderful furry creatures are with us for only a very short time, but it is always a painful and sad journey for us when they leave. May your memories of her keep a light burning in your heart.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

oh my....just checked into the forum, and saw this, which brought tears to my eyes. I've heard about your cairns so often, and loved each story. My heart goes out to you over the loss of this lovely dear little dog. I've said it before -- God should have made cairns to last a hundred years...

We're really sorry to hear that Barley has passed. She was always my favorite in your Cairn portraits. I loved those little gray eyebrows, it made her look so distinguished and wise, as I'm sure she was. You and your family have our heartfelt sympothy.

Carole, Dave, Cooper and Jezzy

If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

Brad,

Thank you for sharing all your stories about Barley, and you troup. Without her, being your first Carin, this forum wouldn't have exisited. I thank Barley and you for bringing this into our lives. Please except my condolences, and be sure to know we will all be holding our little furbabies a little tighter today.

Brad,

Very sorry to hear of the passing of your Barley...my thoughts and prayers are with you. Barley was a beautiful dog and know she will be deeply missed.

• 1 month later...

Please accept my belated condolences on the loss of your dear Barley. I remember so well when I was losing, and then lost, Zoe, how supportive and kind your words to me. I am so sad for you, and your family. Their time with us is so short but the memory of their devotion and love live forever within us.

Barbara

Brad-

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your sweet Ms. B. As you said, they teach us as many things as we teach them, and often surprisingly more. Leave it to Ms. B to have lessons even in death.

Though we've had our handsome Fergus for a mere 4 months, he has become such an integral part of our lives I honestly don't know what we'd without him anymore. I've been hospitalized for the last three weeks and I can' tell you now much I miss him. Yes, I miss my human family too, but I swear there are tim es I can feel Gus curled up asleep on my lap or on the pillows behind my head.

Those, I'm certain, are the kinds of things you'll remember about Barley as well. I'm certain she's thoroghly enjoyin gromiping through the fields in heaven, joyously chasing critters. Our deepest condolances to you and the rest of your family.

Rita

Rita Roetker

Mommy of (Fer)Gus

Dear Brad,

Only today did I read In Memoriam and was shocked to find out about the death of your beloved Barley in June. I think I have some idea of the size of your loss and the ache of your loss and I want you to know that I care. I hope that the kind words from the members of this forum were able to be of some consolation to you at such a sad time.

P.S. Barley's photo was always my favorite...Her beautiful spirit just shines right through it. How lucky you are to have had her in your life!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, Brad I'm so sorry I haven't been to the forum sooner, I am so crushed to hear of your dear Barley. You are such a special person and have this amazing heart for Cairns. She was blessed to have you as her owner all these years. Tender thoughts and sweet memories, I know she'll always be a very special part of your heart.

Thinking of you,

Stacy, Chris, Noah, Hollie & Brystal

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Archived